Are you planning to study nursing at the University of Benin (UNIBEN)? If yes, then you need to read this post – nursing cut off mark in uniben. After reading this post, you will know the exact University of Benin cut off mark for nursing in 2023.
Not just that, I am going to answer frequently asked questions about nursing at the University of Benin (UNIBEN).
Those questions include; is UNIBEN offering a nursing science course? What is the cut-off mark for nursing in UNIBEN? How many years is nursing at UNIBEN? What is the UNIBEN school fee for nursing? And so on. I am going to give answers to those questions in this post.
Now, let’s get into it.
ALSO, SEE: UNN cut-off mark for nursing
Is The University Of Benin Offering Nursing?
Yes, UNIBEN is offering a nursing course. In fact, UNIBEN is one of the best universities offering nursing in Benin.
Now, that you have known that UNIBEN offers nursing courses, the next thing is what are the requirements to study nursing at UNIBEN.
What Are The Requirements For Nursing In UNIBEN?
To gain admission into a nursing department at UNIBEN, you need to meet the following requirements;
- Firstly, you need to have at least 5 credits in your O’level result (WAEC or NECO) which includes English and Mathematics not more than two (2) sittings before you can study Law at UNIBEN.
- You must have reached the age of sixteen (16).
- You must meet UNIBEN Law Cut off, Mark.
- You must choose the correct Jamb subject combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, and Post UTME Score.
However, the above requirements are for the people wishing to gain admission into UNIBEN through Jamb. if you wish to gain admission into the school through direct entry, you should read the next paragraph.
UNIBEN Direct Entry Requirements
You need to meet the requirements below to gain admission through direct entry to UNIBEN.
- You must have a minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of 2 sittings.
- You must have a Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the Uniben Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And Uniben Portal.
- You must have a minimum Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications are acceptable to the Senate of the University and are equivalent to (1) and (4) above.
In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements
UNIBEN Subject Combination For Nursing
Below is the correct subject combination for nursing in UNIBEN.
UNIBEN Cut Off Mark For Nursing 2023
According to the Joint Admission matriculation board, the Uniben cut off mark for nursing is 240 and above.
However, you should always target more than 240, so you will have a high chance of gaining admission in UNIBEN.
UNIBEN Nursing Aggregate Score
If you want to calculate UNIBEN nursing aggregate score, your total Jamb score should be divided into 8 and post UTME into 2 then calculate them up
For e.g Jamb= 250/8 =31.25
Post UTME =50. Then, aggregate score =31.25 + 50. So the total aggregate score is 81.25.
How Many Years Is Nursing In UNIBEN
The minimum duration for nursing science in Uniben is 5 years.
Does UNIBEN Accept Two Sittings For Nursing
Yes, the University of Benin accepts two sittings for nursing course. So you can apply to study at University of Benin State to become a professional nurse.
UNIBEN School Fees For Nursing
University of Benin (UNIBEN) school fees for nursing range from N25,000 to N50,000. Their fee is relatively cheaper compared to some universities.
Does UNIBEN accept 180
If you want to study in University of Benin this year, 200 is the cut off mark irrespective of the course, their don’t accept 180 like other universities. When entering choose of university, mind you that UNIBEN cut of mark is 200 and above.
Gaining admission into the nursing department in Uniben is not too hard. The problem is can you meet up with their requirements, and there’s always a high chance of gaining admission into the school.
However, if you have any questions about UNIBEN cut off mark for nursing 2023/2024, please don’t hesitate to comment below.