Are you a female African students eager about Mathematics, Science or Engineering? If Yes, this a wonderful opportunity for you as WAAW foundation is now accepting applicants for suitable qualified candidates for the 2023/2024 academic session scholarship.
This scholarship is aimed towards empowering female African students in the realms of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), this scholarship programme aims to alleviate financial burdens, thus allowing scholars to concentrate fully on their academic aspirations. In addition, the scholarship encourages beneficiaries to contribute to societal advancement by promoting female engagement in STEM disciplines via the STEM Outreach Chapter at their respective universities.
|🎓 Sponsor||WAAW Foundation aims to advance STEM among African females.|
|📚 Focus||Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) courses at the university level.|
|📜 Eligibility||African female students below 32, enrolled in a STEM Bachelor’s degree programme, demonstrating financial need.|
|🏅 Scholarship||A one-time award of $500.|
|🌍 Location||Candidates must be living and studying in Africa.|
|📅 Deadline||September 17, 2023.|
|🌐 Goals||Promote community engagement and women’s involvement in STEM.|
|📝 Application||Four stages: Personal Information, Education, Essays, References. Cannot be edited once submitted.|
Demographics and Course of Study
- Female students of African descent, residing and enrolled in educational institutions within Africa, are eligible.
- Applicants must be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM-related field at a recognised university or college in Africa.
Academic Standing and Financial Need
- Candidates must be in their first or second year of studies, or in their third year if enrolled in a five-year course.
- An ability to demonstrate financial need is essential.
- An excellent academic record is required.
- Prior involvement in leadership, volunteering, and community service activities will bolster the application.
- Applicants must be below the age of 32.
What the Scholarship Offers: Monetary and Community Engagement Benefits
A Single Award with Lasting Impact
The WAAW Foundation scholarship constitutes a one-off financial award of $500, designed to support scholars in achieving their academic objectives.
Beyond Monetary Support: Community Engagement
Scholarship recipients are also expected to channel their enthusiasm for STEM into community service, specifically by volunteering to promote STEM education among women through their university’s STEM Outreach Chapter.
Application Process: Step-by-Step Guide
The application procedure is divided into four pivotal stages:
- Personal Information: Provide accurate details about yourself.
- Education: Document your educational background and current academic status.
- Essays: Compose essays that encapsulate your passion for STEM and your vision for community engagement.
- References: List reliable references who can vouch for your academic and personal qualities.
Please Note: The application form becomes uneditable once submitted. Therefore, applicants should verify all entered information for accuracy prior to submission.
How to Apply
Interested scholars may submit their applications via this application link.