Durham University is calling out for suitable qualified candidates to apply for their MBA online scholarships.
About the University
The University is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of British research universities and is amongst the top 100 universities in the world, currently ranked 78th in the QS World Rankings 2024. Durham University teaching quality is impressive, with 19 of its 25 academic departments ranking in the global top 100.
About the Scholarship
These scholarships are for the September 2023 intake for the Online MBA. All unconditional Online MBA offer holders will be automatically considered for applicable scholarships; no separate scholarship application is necessary. Scholarships will be applied as a discount against the full tuition fee for the programme.
To be considered for a scholarship you must:
- Submit your Online MBA programme application in full
- Any outstanding documents must be submitted
- Your offer must be unconditional
Please view all scholarships available for September 2023 entry, including the criteria and terms and conditions below:
£15,000 (Up to 2)Executive Dean’s – Women in Business
£15,000 (Up to 4)Achievement
£8,000 (Up to 13)
|Number of awards available||Up to 19 awards available|
|Level of study||Postgraduate|
|Mode of study||Online|
|Programmes||The Durham MBA (Online)|
|Duration||Scholarship (tuition fee discount) covers the standard completion timescales of our programmes.|
Based on the eligibility criteria below, these scholarships will be awarded to Online MBA unconditional offer holders who:
- can demonstrate they bring outstanding experience; this will include a significant amount of postgraduate work experience in roles demonstrating a high level of managerial responsibility.
- have an impressive academic record – MBA candidates with only the minimum number of years work experience required must include extra-curricular activities in their application.
- have the potential to contribute to and enrich all aspects of the MBA programme, including the diverse academic and cultural profile of the MBA cohort.
- have the potential to become an outstanding future alumni ambassador and contribute positively back to the School, organizations and communities.
Terms and Conditions
To be considered for one of the Durham University Business School’s Online MBA Scholarships (tuition fee discounts) applicants must:
- Submit their Online MBA programme application in full by Tuesday 25 July 2023. This offer must be unconditional by Tuesday 8 August 2023, in order to be considered by the scholarship panel. Any outstanding documents must be submitted by Friday 4 August 2023 to ensure they are considered by the Admissions Team and removed from the offer by the deadline of Tuesday 8 August 2023.
- Be available to take up their programme place on the September 2023 Online MBA cohort
- Be willing to participate and cooperate in marketing and communications activities for the School. This may include testimonials and public relations opportunities, as well as being involved in and attending open events, webinars or being a class representative.
- Be completely self-funding in order to be eligible for this tuition fee discount. Where fees are part or fully paid by an employer, private provider or government body, applicants will not be considered for a scholarship. Failure to disclose external funding will invalidate any scholarship offered.
- Scholarship (tuition fee discount) covers the standard completion timescales of our programmes.
- Scholarships (tuition fee discounts) are not transferable and not deferrable. They are valid only for use by scholarship winners in the academic year for which the scholarship has been awarded. Applicants who choose to defer entry will be considered for scholarships available in the year of entry. Acceptance of a scholarship before deferral does not guarantee a scholarship offer during the subsequent year of entry.
- No separate application is required. Once an offer of a place is made to an applicant, they will automatically be considered for a scholarship without the need for a separate application process to be completed.
- Only successful candidates will be notified of scholarship (tuition fee discount) decisions.
- Scholarship (tuition fee discount) decisions are at the discretion of the School and all decisions are final.
- There is no cash alternative to be offered if a place on the programme is not taken up.
Withdrawal or Suspension of Studies:
- Scholars who withdraw from their scholarship commitments or from the University will have all future scholarship payments cancelled.
- If you withdraw, at any point during the teaching term, scholarship payments which have already been made will be reclaimed on a pro-rata basis. Under exceptional circumstances, this decision can be reviewed by the Faculty Executive Dean and approval given for the student to retain any overpayments.
Suspension of Studies
- Scholars who suspend their scholarship commitments or academic studies will have all future scholarship payments cancelled.
- If you suspend, at any point during the teaching term, scholarship payments which have already been made will be reclaimed on a pro-rata basis. Under exceptional circumstances, this decision can be reviewed by the Faculty Executive Dean and approval given for the student to retain any overpayments. The remaining yearly balance will be payable on resumption of academic and scholarship commitments.
How to Apply
All interested persons are to click on the link below to apply.