We are pleased to inform the general public that the University of Oxford is currently looking for qualified candidates for admission into her 2023 Oxford Perishing Square Graduate Scholarships.
One interesting thing about this scholarship is that it is fully funded and you will benefit from a range of on course opportunities such as attending prestigious conferences.
About the Scholarship
Established in 2014, the Oxford-Pershing Square Graduate Scholarships provide up to six full awards covering both the Master’s and the MBA degrees. Scholars can pursue any of the 1+1 MBA partnering programmes and combine it with our MBA. Recipients are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges.You will benefit from a range of on-course opportunities such as attending prestigious conferences, termly events and scholar community activities, spring ‘trek’ to New York hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, and mentorship opportunities.
Course fees for both the Master’s degree and MBA programme, plus a grant for living costs of at least £17,668 per year for both years of study.
How to apply
You must submit a complete application for both courses and upload the scholarship essay in the ‘Funding’ section of the 1+1 MBA programme application by the deadline to be considered.
Answer the following question in no more than 500 words:
- How do you intend to change the world and what does this tell us about you as a person.
- Academic achievement demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements.
- Leadership potential demonstrated through experience and motivation.
- Strong personal character, integrity, and commitment.
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through the development of a new enterprise.
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges.
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives.
Note that you are advised to highlight these attributes in your 1+1 MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
You will be considered in order of priority for the scholarship:
1. New applicants to the Oxford 1+1 MBA programme
- You must be admitted to a 1+1 MBA partnering programme and to the MBA prior to the selection process (waitlisted or re-evaluated applicants will not be considered)
2. If you apply to any full-time one-year Master’s course that is not currently part of the official list of 1+1 MBA partnering programmes, and to the MBA (as a separate application)
3. If you are:
- moving into your MBA year and have not been considered for the scholarship in the previous year (eg waitlisted/ re-evaluated applicants)
- admitted to the MBA while studying on one of the 1+1 MBA partnering programmes
Each of our partnering programmes has its own application form, deadlines and requirements.
You must apply by 5 January 2024 for the 1+1 MBA and by your chosen Master’s programme deadline, either in December or January. Funding deadlines for 1+1 MBA partnering programmes can be found on the relevant course page on the Graduate Admissions website.