Applications are now being accepted for the 2023/2024, 2024/2025 scholarships awards for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses open to candidates from developing countries to study in Germany. DAAD EPOS Scholarships are awarded to foreign students from developing and newly industrialized countries to study for Masters or PhD degree in Germany.
In this post, we will give you a detailed guide on how to apply for this scholarship and everything you need to know to make your application easy. So stick with us !
Benefit Of Studying In Germany
Before we go into telling you about the scholarship, it is important to know about the benefits of studying in Germany
1. Varied Course Options to Choose From
There is a diverse range of courses offered at international universities, including research opportunities and skill-based training. This helps open up numerous new educational options and expands your personal horizon. With certain programs, you can even take different courses at the same time. Thus, you can pursue your interest while studying at the university.
2. Improves Communication and Language Skills
While at an overseas college, you’ll be interacting with individuals from around the world, which will help you develop intercultural communication skills. This is a very valuable skill, well worth the effort.
For example, for studying in Germany, you must learn German because most individuals in Germany don’t speak English. This can improve the chances of your bagging a job in your preferred field. In several careers – especially in international relations and diplomacy – foreign language expertise is preferred. Your language skills can become a key component of your competitiveness while applying for certain job roles.
3. Makes You More Employable
One of the main reasons for studying abroad is to gain a competitive edge when you step into the professional world. Pursuing a degree abroad suggests to employers that you possess the courage, flexibility, cultural awareness, and know-how about how others work and think. This makes you highly sought after by employers. The pay packages and job roles offered by top tech companies to international degree holders are unmatched.
4. Focuses on Skill Building
Studying abroad can not only help you grow academically but also develop skills that can be useful to adapt to various environments at colleges. You can learn how to ask questions and find answers through exploration besides developing critical thinking skills.
5. Enhances Your Network
International universities are the melting pot of large communities of students from across the world, providing plenty of opportunities to interact with people from various walks of life. This can help enhance your network by building invaluable relations with varied people. The larger the network, the higher are your chances of getting connected to a lucrative career and also to better social space.
Brief description about the Programme
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
Level/Field(s) of Study:
Masters or PhD courses in Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Development Cooperation; Engineering and Related Sciences; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
The typical scholarship holder:
• Is currently working either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in German (scholarship includes a 6-month German language course): Successful passing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the start of the study course. Therefore a minimum German language level of B1 at the time of application is a requirement, that needs to be proofed by providing a certificate.
• For courses in English: Proof of adequate language skills, according to the regulations of the respective courses
Number of Scholarships:
Students from eligible countries
The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates; payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover; and travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted.
How to Apply
Note that this application is still ongoing so interested applicants are to click on this post to apply